The Brick & Beam Society is seeking applications from qualified organizations addressing a community need in Greater Portland in the area of early childhood education and childhood poverty.
Brick & Beam Society
Community Investment Application
The Brick & Beam Society, an affinity group of United Way Greater Portland, takes a broad view of the community, bringing leaders together and building momentum for action. They also leverage United Way of Greater Portland's rich history, resources, knowledge and relationships to get results. Brick & Beam is aligned with Thrive 2027’s Community-Wide Goals and United Way of Greater Portland.
Description of Opportunity:
Brick & Beam seeks to support projects that are high-impact, sustainable and replicable and approaches that are innovative, holistic and collaborative. The proposal should clearly articulate how the proposed project aligns with these core principles of Brick & Beam and addresses a community need in Greater Portland in the area of early childhood education and childhood poverty. This opportunity also requires alignment with Thrive2027 Goal 1.
Amount: Between $25,000 and $50,000
Funding Period: One year, starting on award of grant funding, unless otherwise noted
Deadline for Submission: August 14, 2017
- Brick & Beam Society, UWGP, One Canal Plaza, Suite 300, P.O. Box 15200, Portland, ME 04112-5200
- One hard copy (3 hole punched) and 1 pdf version of the application emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on August 14.
Proposals will be reviewed by Brick & Beam’s Impact Investing Committee (IIC) in a two-stage process. Step 1 consists of a paper review. Following the review, applicants who are selected to participate in Step 2 will be asked to:
- Meet with members of the IIC to review their application and financials.
- Make a short (5 minute) presentation at a Brick & Beam sponsored Community Night about their organization, work in the community, and opportunities for engagement (Mid-October).
Below is our timeline for next steps.
- Monday, August 14: Applications due to Brick & Beam
- First week of September: Semi-finalists notified
- Week of Monday, September 25: Brick & Beam Impact Investing Committee to host semi-finalists for presentations
- First week of October: Finalists notified
- Mid-October (TBD): Hold for Community night for announcement and celebration
If at any point during the process we can answer additional questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com and someone will be in touch within 1-2 business days.
If you have questions, or if you would like to request a copy of the Investment Application, please call or email Jennifer Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-347-2309.